- When we say ‘we’, ‘us’ or ‘Soft BD Team it’s because that’s who we are and we own and run the Site.
The type of personal information we collect
- We collect certain personal information about visitors and users of our Site.
- The most common types of information we collect include things like: user-names, email addresses, IP addresses, other contact details, survey responses, blogs, photos, payment information such as payment agent details, transactional details, tax information, support queries, forum comments (if applicable) and web and email analytics data.
How we collect personal information
- We collect personal information directly when you provide it to us, automatically as you navigate through the Site, or through other people when you use services associated with the Site.
- We collect your personal information when you provide it to us when you complete registration and buy items or services on our Site, subscribe to a newsletter, email list, submit feedback, enter a contest, fill out a survey, or send us a communication.
How we use personal information
- We will use your personal information:
- To fulfil a contract, or take steps linked to a contract: in particular, in facilitating and processing transactions that take place on the Site, like where you purchase an item from our marketplace.
- Where this is necessary for purposes which are in our, or third parties’, legitimate interests. These interests include:
- operating the Site;
- providing you with services described on the Site;
- verifying your identity when you sign in to any of our Site;
- responding to support tickets, and helping facilitate the resolution of any disputes;
- updating you with operational news and information about our Site and services e.g. to notify you about changes to our Site, website disruptions or security updates;
- carrying out technical analysis to determine how to improve the Site and services we provide;
- monitoring activity on the Sites, e.g. to identify potential fraudulent activity and to ensure compliance with the user terms that apply to the Site;
- managing our relationship with you, e.g. by responding to your comments or queries submitted to us on the Site or asking for your feedback or whether you want to participate in a survey;
- managing our legal and operational affairs (including, managing risks relating to content and fraud matters);
- training Soft BD Team members about how to best serve our user community;
- improving our products and services;
- providing general administrative and performance functions and activities;
- Where you give us consent:
- providing you with marketing information about products and services which we feel may interest you; and
- For purposes which are required by law.
- For the purpose of responding to requests by government, a court of law, or law enforcement authorities conducting an investigation.
Where we transfer and/or store your personal information
9. We are based in India so your data will be processed in India. In order to protect your information, we take care where possible to work with subcontractors and service providers who we believe maintain an acceptable standard of data security compliance.
How we keep your personal information secure
10. We store personal information on secure servers that are managed by us and our service providers, and occasionally hard copy files that are kept in a secure location in India. Personal information that we store or transmit is protected by security and access controls, including username and password authentication, two-factor authentication, and data encryption where appropriate.
How you can access your personal information
11. You can access some of the personal information that we collect about you by logging in to your account. You also have the right to make a request to access other personal information we hold about you and to request corrections of any errors in that data. You can also close the account you have with us for any of our Site at any time. To make an access or correction request, contact us.
Marketing Choices regarding your personal information
12. Where we have your consent to do so (e.g. if you have subscribed to one of our email lists or have indicated that you are interested in receiving offers or information from us), we send you marketing communications by email about products and services that we feel may be of interest to you. You can ‘opt-out’ of such communications if you would prefer not to receive them in the future by using the “unsubscribe” facility provided in the communication itself.
You also have choices about cookies, as described below. By modifying your browser preferences, you have the choice to accept all cookies, to be notified when a cookie is set, or to reject all cookies. If you choose to reject cookies some parts of our Sites may not work properly in your case.
Cookies (not the type you eat!) and web analytics
14. When you visit our Site, there’s certain information that’s recorded which is generally anonymous information and does not reveal your identity. If you’re logged into your account some of this information could be associated with your account. We’re talking about the following kinds of details:
- your IP address or proxy server IP address’;
- the domain name you requested;
- the name of your internet service provider is sometimes captured depending on the configuration of your ISP connection;
- the date and time of your visit to the website;
- the length of your session;
- the pages which you have accessed;
- the number of times you access our site within any month;
- the file URL you look at and information relating to it;
- the website which referred you to our Site;
- the operating system which your computer uses; and
- the technical capabilities of your web browser.
Information about children
16. Our Sites are not suitable for children under the age of 16 years, so if you are under 16 we ask that you do not use our Site or give us your personal information (if you are a young tech wiz, please direct your nearest responsible adult to use the Site for you!). If you are from 16 to 18 years, you can browse the Site but you’ll need the supervision of a parent or guardian to become a registered user. It’s the responsibility of parents or guardians to monitor their children’s use of our Sites.
Information you make public or give to others
How you can manage or delete your personal information
18. We retain your personal information for as long as is necessary to provide the services to you and others, and to comply with our legal obligations. If you no longer want us to use your personal information or to provide you with the Soft BD Team services, you can request that we erase your personal information and close your Soft BD Team account by:
- submitting a request form through our help form for the relevant Soft BD Team service located at https://softbdteam.com/contact
How long we keep your personal information
When we need to update this policy
20. We will need to change this policy from time to time in order to make sure it stays up to date with the latest legal requirements and any changes to our privacy management practices.
21. When we do change the policy, we’ll make sure to notify you about such changes, where required. A copy of the latest version of this policy will always be available on this page.
How you can contact us
22. If you have any questions about our privacy practices or the way in which we have been managing your personal information, please contact us here: https://softbdteam.com/contact
If you’re a user or visitor in the European Economic Area these rights also apply to you:
- For the purposes of applicable EU data protection law (including the General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 (the “GDPR”), we are a ‘data controller’ of your personal information.
How you can access your personal information
- You are also entitled to ask us to port your personal information (i.e. to transfer in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, to you), to erase it, or restrict its processing. You also have rights to object to some processing that is based on our legitimate interests, such as profiling that we perform for the purposes of direct marketing, and, where we have asked for your consent to process your data, to withdraw this consent as more fully described below.
- These rights are limited in some situations – for example, we can demonstrate that we have a legal requirement to process your personal information. In some instances, this means that we may retain some data even if you withdraw your consent.
- Where we require your personal information to comply with legal or contractual obligations, then provision of such data is mandatory: if such data is not provided, then we will not be able to manage our contractual relationship with you, or to meet obligations placed on us. In all other cases, provision of requested personal information is optional.
- If you have unresolved concerns you also have the right to complain to data protection authorities. The relevant data protection authority will be the data protection authority of the country: (i) of your habitual residence; (ii) of your place of work; or (iii) in which you consider the alleged infringement has occurred.